Discovery in STEM for Your Future!
During this two week program (June 21-July 3), students will engage in hands-on, experiential learning and lab-based intellectual experience in biology, physics, chemistry and forensic science. They will team up and work closely with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) faculty members from the STEM Accelerator team.
- Build a Sea Perch ROV (aquatic rover developed by the Department of Navy to promote STEM)
- Content-based activities, collaborate and work in teams to build projects
- Conduct a biological (aquatic microbiology and ecology) and chemical (environmental chemistry) investigation of the ecosystem
- Field study as well as in-lab exercises
- Pre– and post –assessment as well as write-up reflections of the weekly experiences
Program Dates: June 21-July 3
Who: Rising 9th-12th Graders
Location: George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Application Deadline: June 5, 2015
- Residential-$2,950 George Mason University 2015 Summer STEM Research Program (includes Tuition, Room, Meals, Pick-up/Drop-off, Excursions and Supplemental Insurance)
- Commuter-$2,000 (includes Tuition, Lunch, Excursions and Supplemental Insurance)
For more detailed information about the 2015 Summer STEM Research Program, please call Michelle Hong at (877) 212-0011 or by email to email@example.com.
Also check the George Mason University website at http://gli.gmu.edu/stem/.
7700 Little River Turnpike, Suite 407
Annandale, VA 22003
Phone: (877) 212-0011 Fax: (866) 717-0014